The pruning of the palm tree by our window.
June 12 – 19th, 2010 Saturday afternoon we went to the Guadalajara Restaurant for a nice five course dinner. After dinner, we were entertained by a mariachi band with singers and dancers. The costumes were native Mexican, and very colorful. Our seats were right next to the stage so we were up close and personal. It was fun.
Stake Conference for the Aragon Stake was held. The mission president from Utah who spoke in Spanish was very understandable. Monday’s craft day had a big turn out and my doll clothes projects were finished. Tuesday thru Saturday we were back to the temple on the morning shift except for Saturday. We enjoyed the week and spending time back in the temple. The temple presidency made every effort to make it a spiritual time and we were encouraged to live with the same spirit outside of the temple as we have inside the temple. There was a lot of love between the workers. One day I had a lot of time to study and almost finished learning the ordinances. It is difficult because I don’t understand all the words that I am memorizing. For example “mas luz y” becomes “moss lucy” so that I can remember it. It is like learning a foreign language. Oh, that’s right. It IS a foreign language!
The morning shift has more workers. The people from Mexico prefer working mornings because transportation and everything is easier for them. Saturday mornings are the busiest time for the temple. It is run by the local workers. All of the missionaries start work at 2;00 pm on Saturday. Yesterday there were 33 big tour busses which filled the parking lot along with the cars and other vehicles. It made for a busy exciting day. It was tiring at the same time because we were all on our feet for eight hours. I was helping one dear sister who thought she had the right locker to get dressed in her street close again. She forced the key into the keyhole. But the clothes were not her clothes that were in the locker. We could not get the wrong key back out of the hole. The sister that cleans came by and tried to get the key out with pliers but she couldn’t get it out. Finally she was able to obtain a master key for the correct locker. This took about 20 minutes. I didn’t know how to say “master key” but someone else must have because she eventually brought one. Many sisters need assistance finding their lockers. They all look the same.
I had a couple of exciting firsts at the temple this past week. I was able to do the veil ceremony without the card. I conducted the prayer circle in a temple session. I wrote the prayer and Elder Cardon translated it for me. Mom mounted it on a card and I read it. The days can get quite long and we come home very tired.
Stake Conference for the Aragon Stake was held. The mission president from Utah who spoke in Spanish was very understandable. Monday’s craft day had a big turn out and my doll clothes projects were finished. Tuesday thru Saturday we were back to the temple on the morning shift except for Saturday. We enjoyed the week and spending time back in the temple. The temple presidency made every effort to make it a spiritual time and we were encouraged to live with the same spirit outside of the temple as we have inside the temple. There was a lot of love between the workers. One day I had a lot of time to study and almost finished learning the ordinances. It is difficult because I don’t understand all the words that I am memorizing. For example “mas luz y” becomes “moss lucy” so that I can remember it. It is like learning a foreign language. Oh, that’s right. It IS a foreign language!
The morning shift has more workers. The people from Mexico prefer working mornings because transportation and everything is easier for them. Saturday mornings are the busiest time for the temple. It is run by the local workers. All of the missionaries start work at 2;00 pm on Saturday. Yesterday there were 33 big tour busses which filled the parking lot along with the cars and other vehicles. It made for a busy exciting day. It was tiring at the same time because we were all on our feet for eight hours. I was helping one dear sister who thought she had the right locker to get dressed in her street close again. She forced the key into the keyhole. But the clothes were not her clothes that were in the locker. We could not get the wrong key back out of the hole. The sister that cleans came by and tried to get the key out with pliers but she couldn’t get it out. Finally she was able to obtain a master key for the correct locker. This took about 20 minutes. I didn’t know how to say “master key” but someone else must have because she eventually brought one. Many sisters need assistance finding their lockers. They all look the same.
I had a couple of exciting firsts at the temple this past week. I was able to do the veil ceremony without the card. I conducted the prayer circle in a temple session. I wrote the prayer and Elder Cardon translated it for me. Mom mounted it on a card and I read it. The days can get quite long and we come home very tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment