Welcome

Our mission is a miracle. Miracle that we are here. The Lord wants us to succeed. He wants all of His children to be happy. He sent His Only Begotten Son to earth to cleanse us from our sins. No unclean thing can enter his presence. We are here to prove ourselves and to return to him. We have a responsibility to become like Jesus, to keep his commandments and to make and keep sacred covenants. It's not a very long list. We pray for each member of our family. We love each one.


Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bicentennail Celebration Mexican Style

Sept 13, 2010 Unit 1, 2 & 3 held our version of the Bicentennial of Mexico celebration. Maria (Kuki) Gomez was the planner and organizer. She asked me if I wanted to learn how to make Mexican food. "Sure," I said. We got together in Hna Romero & Benitez apartment at 7:30 am to cut up lettuce, onions, garlic, radishes etc for ‘pollote’ which is a chicken soup. Two kinds were made. One had whole wheat and the other hominy. I cut my finger on a knife so wasn’t much help after that. A few hours later we went to the tiengas for our usual shopping. Dad stayed home and rested his hip while I went with Sisters Benavidez and Cardon. I was assigned to bring a desert and was going to do brownies but someone else said they were doing brownies. I wanted to find Dad a Mexican shirt but finally found a red bicentennial t-shirt at the Bodega. A few weeks ago Hna Polacio knocked on the door and asked if I wanted a Mexican dress. She had bought it and found it was too big when she got it home. I bought it from her so I wore it to the celebration. Everyone was decked out in their Mexican regayla and the meeting room was also decorated. I made a fruit pizza for my desert and everyone liked it. The program was presented by Ferdinan Gomez from the Mormon Museum. He single handedly found information about the original Mormon converts in Mexico and had pictures and histories of them in a dvd that he showed. It was very good. He had baptized Elder Cervantes years ago. Hmo Gomez lives in Provo and has a museum there too. He has been a mission president, temple president and regional representative for the Church. It was a nice day. When we were cleaning up Hna Sosa gave me the shawl that part of her costume. It was an extremely generous gift which I value. They are very poor. She had made it for the event. She has always been kind to me.



Jose & Luz Sosa



Neil & Sandra Cardon
Lorena & Sergio Cervantes





Benjamin & Rosarita Palacios





Dora & Chewy Fuentes


Milo & Kuki Gomez




Sanchez









Carreon




















No comments:

Post a Comment