May 18th 2010 Tues Our first day at the temple. It was kind of difficult because of the language difficulties. The highlight of the day was being set apart as temple ordinances workers by President Santiago Mejia. It was in Spanish so we didn’t get the full benefit of it, but there was communication of the spirit.
May 20, 2010 Beginning Temple Days - Dad wants you know he is bravely exercising faith in the gift of tongues.
D&C 60:2 But with some I am not well pleased, for they will not open their mouths, but they hide the talent which I have given unto them, because of the fear of man. Wo unto such, for mine anger is kindled against them.
3 And it shall come to pass, if they are not more faithful unto me, it shall be taken away, even that which they have.
7 And in this place let them lift up their voice and declare my word with loud voices, without wrath or doubting, lifting up holy hands upon them. For I am able to make you holy, and your sins are forgiven you.
All the other temple workers comment on how well he is doing for his first week in Mexico. We are making progress on the ordinances and have “certified” in two of the five. I spent about two hours studying the remaining three today. I performed the ordinances for several “participantes” and Dad spent a lot of time performing in and observing other ordinances. The temple hasn’t been really crowded so far this week. On the weekends the “participantes” come by the busload. Our work will be cut out for us then. Yesterday I was in the baptistery but none of the stakes showed up.
Our schedule this week has been the morning shift from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm. Fri it will be 7:00 am to 3:00 pm and Sat. 1:00 pm to 9:30 pm or when all is finished.
The pictures are taken outside of our apartment. It is quite beautiful don’t you think? You will notice the black gates at the end of the walk. That is our security gate. You have to have a key to enter. There are about ten apartments in this unit.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment