Welcome

Our mission is a miracle. Miracle that we are here. The Lord wants us to succeed. He wants all of His children to be happy. He sent His Only Begotten Son to earth to cleanse us from our sins. No unclean thing can enter his presence. We are here to prove ourselves and to return to him. We have a responsibility to become like Jesus, to keep his commandments and to make and keep sacred covenants. It's not a very long list. We pray for each member of our family. We love each one.


Monday, March 28, 2011

Popocatepetl

On our way to Tecali and Pueblo we could see the volcano Popocatepetl because it was such a beautiful clear day. We could see smoke rising from it’s center. This is where an apostle dedicated the country of Mexico for missionary work April 6, 1881. In 1874 sections of the Book of Mormon were translated and in 1876 100 copies were made and taken to ten influential people in Mexico. They were asked to write their impressions of what they read. Francisco Vazquez reported, “I have read this book, I understand it and I know who you are. You are apostles of Jesus Christ like the apostles of the true gospel. I have been telling my neighbors. I know this book is true. I said to my wife, ‘Haven’t I said I was certain the true gospel would come to this land and we would live to see it.’”






















If I were an artist I would paint the volcano in the sunset. It was one of the most beautiful sites I have ever seen. No camera could capture the beauty of that moment. Popocatepetl is an active volcano and, at 17,802 ft, the second highest peak in Mexico after the Pico de Orizaba 18,491 ft. Popocatepetl is linked to the Iztaccihuatl volcano to the north by the high saddle known as the Paso de Cortés, and lies in the eastern half of the Trans-Mexican volcanic belt. Popocatepetl is 43 mi southeast of Mexico City, from where it can be seen regularly, depending on atmospheric conditions. The residents of Puebla, a mere 25 mi east of the volcano, enjoy the views of the snowy and glacier-clad mountain almost all year long

No comments:

Post a Comment